Friday, October 29, 2010

Movie Mania

During the whole first week of my sembreak, I was bedridden due to my fever. So I got nothing to do but watch movies and a series (the last airbender; i don't really watch tv series). I was never a movie person mainly because my parents were the least enthusiastic people i know when it comes to watching movies, so as kids, we were raised unfamiliar to movies. But I've always tried to expose myself to them. I started watching indie films more than a year ago. It was a great starter for me because they presented unusual story lines, especially those of my former professor sir Alvin Yapan who directed award-winning indie films such as Ang Panggagahasa kay Fe, Rolyo, and Huling Pasada. Sometimes it takes a week for me to fully decipher the movie plot. My friends were also good influences because they watch the annual Cinemalaya.


My inclination to movies grew strong, and now, I prefer movies that are unique, mind effer, and something intellectual. My usual routine when I watch movies is that I watch those heavy and mind-boggling movies first, then watch a light one, probably a romantic comedy or chick flicks, then another heavy movie. When I say heavy, it's not really something tragic or dark films like Schindler's List. It's just that, it's something that requires active neurons and is a conflict-filled movie, away from those romanticomedies.


Official Poster of Ang Panggagahasa kay Fe


The infamous Sir Alvin Yapan

Official poster of Huling Pasada


I usually list down movies that I watch so I can keep track of them. And because of this growing fad for movies, I plan on investing on DVDs. Movies are a form of literature, and it's something cathartic, entertaining and a learning experience. One of my habits as well is listing down quotes that I like from the movie. And now, I'm planning to do movie reviews here on my blog! :D It's something that i thought would be useful for those planning to watch a movie, and helpful for me since I like sharing my thoughts. I don't know if I could really lay out this plan perfectly, considering that I only get to blog on my free time, and second sem will start after a week, plus that horrible fear I have, the 7:30am class. When I start to adjust with the semester and hopefully, load rev that 7:30am class, I will try my best to pursue this movie review part of my blog. Let's all hope for the best! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment