Monday, December 27, 2010

Twelve Degrees of Christmas (part 1)

It was our first time to celebrate Christmas Eve without laying a single dish on our own dining table. For a change, we decided to head up north and have a cold Christmas at Baguio! Two things were considered: our yaya who was in charge for cooking was on leave, and the other, my dad owes me an out-of-town trip. There was no excuse for the trip not to push through. Although it was almost cancelled because viruses were spreading inside the house, my dad couldn't say no to my puss-in-boots watery eyes. @_@

We had a reservation at a hotel near Burnham Park, but as my dad and brother checked the rooms, my dad said nobody could have him lay a finger on those beds. They were dusty and the toilet was rusty. He described the hotel at the grossest way he could. SUPLADO. :)) Good thing my dad cancelled the reservation because we ended up staying in at one of the exclusive hotels in Baguio, The Manor at Camp John Hay. We stayed at the other building, The Suites. It has newer and bigger rooms, but the other amenities such as the spa and the gym were located at The Manor building.


The Hotel's vicinity was perfect for tourists who want a clean and quiet stay at Baguio. If you don't know The Manor Hotel, you probably haven't been to Baguio, or haven't fulfilled your Baguio experience. :>




Since this was my third and most memorable visit to Baguio mainly because I was two and ten during my first two visits, we opted to still visit the usual places visited in Baguio and those that were memorable to us.

Our first stop: Burnham Park. We had our breakfast at The Solibao in front of the park since our reserved rooms were located near the park. It was there that I first fell in love with Baguio flowers. They were everywhere! The happiness you get from seeing them in gardens and parks is incomparable to when you just see them in flower shops. That it is nature that brings forth these natural beauties is what doesn't register to the senses when they're inside malls and shops, arranged and commercialized.



Next stop: in front of our Hotel. hahahaha!! Why go far for shopping when you have stores just meters away from your hotel?!


There were lots of outlet stores (Nike, Adidas, Mango, Sanuks, etc), souvenir shops and restaurants in front of the hotel. The outlet stores had pretty much cheaper prices than regular ones, but the souvenir shops had more expensive items. Bonnets which you can buy 3 for 100 at Mines View were sold at 50 per piece in front of the hotel.

We went around the hotel area and saw some bazaars, but it wasn't what caught our attention. At the back of the hotel was a huge garden where the whole hotel can be seen from. We grabbed the opportunity to change the displayed family picture in our living room. haha!



The weather was really relaxing --sunny and windy.

Then for the second time I suppose I remember, we visited C.I.C.M. seminary where my dad studied back when he was in high school. It was nostalgic for me because I was able to recognize the place even if the last time I happened to be there was almost nine years ago.

(Inasmuch as I would want to add the phrase "back when I was still chubby and fat and short" because I lost a lot of weight throughout those nine years, I could add it no more because I've gained every pound I lost, and because I'm still short. -_-)


My dad posing with my cousin. Gay moments because he's happy. If I don't watch my diet, I think the future is very clear for me. :))

As Noche Buena approached, the temperature decreased. And it was really cozy to be around a huge bonfire for hotel guests. But since almost everyone had just arrived at the hotel, we had the bonfire just for ourselves, 'cause we're cool layk dat. :>



We were literally warmed up for the Noche Buena. And besides the mouth-watering food served at the buffet, what's more endearing is the fact that it was only that moment, after a long time, that we were together as a family celebrating with other families. :)



The hotel food was satisfying, and the hot chocolate was purrfect. Everyone was having their own fun during the night. I think everyone enjoyed Noche Buena as much as we did. :)

That's it for now! I hope everyone had their own moments during Papa Jesus' birthday celebration. ;)

1 comment:

  1. NICE! I love baguio! Let's go there! may alam ako na house na we can stay in :D

    ReplyDelete