Monday, November 1, 2010

TREEK-OR-TRIT!

HOHOHO!!! HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!!


Hahaha. During Halloweens, it has been a village tradition for Ayala Alabang Village to allow outsiders inside the village for the annual trick-or-treat. Last year was a bum because of typhoon Basyang (? as far as i can remember). There was no electricity around the whole vicinity and drizzle occurred every now and then. This year, not even traffic can hinder the joy brought by candies, chocs and crazy costumes by villagers and non-villagers.



Trick-or-treating wasn't actually on my schedule. I was supposed to stay at home, babysit my dog while my yayas, cousin and both my older siblings do their own plans for the day. But since some of em decided to stay home, i took the opportunity to go out and share the fun with everybody else! But hoarding candies was not my objective. My friend, Aldrin Perez, gave me an idea to take pictures of costumed kids and adults that stand out within the crowd.

Unfortunately, due to the fact that my bike did not have a stand (let alone the crowd + cars and golf carts everywhere), I found it hard to take photos of people busy with collecting candies. :\ But I found interesting houses that had been decorated profoundly. :))

That multiplication table really caught my attention. :)) Who thought of using Math as a Halloween decor?! well math's hell of a subject, but this is a pretty clever math joke, aint it? :))


You just gotta love this decoration! Aside from it being cute, the use of the movie title for pun (pun intended :))) is also quite meaningful. :)

 The crowd was fun, too. Everyone was greeting each other, and people were taking photos here and there.


 

Of course, classic horror decors won't be out of sight. They were everywhere. I only roamed around the main roads and was not able to go deep within the hidden streets, but they say there are better decorations hidden behind the huge houses on the main roads.


And for my favorite house, a fun house! This house located at the country club drive, just right after the left turn from madrigal ave. It has has these annual colorful decorations for a while already, except i think the previous halloween. But two years ago, the house had a wide screen and a projector in front and Monsters, Inc. was playing. It's an attention grabber because these life-size characters are really colorful as opposed to the usual Halloween decors.






Mafia Men  inside a red sports car roaming around like terrorists with big guns inside an exclusive village. :)) now that's Horror.


Another amusing scene inside the village were different modes of transportation furnished specifically for the occasion. Just like this golf cart with black and orange balloons. I was not able to take a photo of the other cart with a toy tiger on its roof. Some used it simply to roam around the huge vicinity, and some utilized their autos as a part of their costumes.

And speaking of caaaaaars...

The roads were relatively clear during the afternoon. Around 4pm, people were still preparing but a few were already having their jack-o-lanterns filled with candies




But as the afternoon progressed, traffic on roads especially Madrigal ave. worsened. Double parking was everywhere. Despite the wide roads, an asset of the village, road clogging was unstoppable. Some people didn't mind the traffic so as not to spoil the fun. Security guards were everywhere especially in many intersections. Many then turned to their motorcycles, golf carts and feet to make sure they get as much candies as they can.

I had a hard time taking photos of good costumes because one, there were too many people barging in for candies, two, my bike was a hindrance, and three, I was too shy to ask them to pose for a photo so I had to take stolen shots of them. :(


Princesses were everywhere. Ranging from cuddly kids to ______ adults (you fill in the blank), every house that I went to had at least two princesses with their loot bags. 


 
And who said only women can become a princess of their own being?! :)) No, this remains a mystery to me. Whether this hoola piña colada here is a he or a she (please help me decide). But hey, he/she was the queen of the night. He/She was quite a buzz mainly because He/She grabbed everyone's attention with her smoile!

This one here was the real horror deal. That Jason costume was worn by an 11-year old girl probably around four feet tall with a six-foot costume. Her friends wore a manananggal costume, a girl in kimono, and some soldiers there.

And of course, my favorite costume of the night.... SUPERMAN!!! :)) no, seriously, that is SnowWhite's Prince. I wore the same costume for my Lit14 presentation of the poem Jabberwocky, where I had to be Alice in Wonderland, male version. Since everytime I speed up, my cape would start waving, and people who I come across with would shout at me saying "oh, si superman nakabisikleta!" and some, worse, would say, "si batman oh lumilipad!" FROM WHAT ANGLE DOES IT LOOK LIKE BATMAN?! but hey, I couldn't help but smile back at them or wave at them whenever they call my attention.




And as for my loved Yayas, they hoarded quite a handful candies. They weren't in their costumes, mainly because there was no need for any. :)) But even though my candy count reached zero, surely, my fun count surpassed my expected count. It wasn't really how much candies I collected that night. It was more of sharing the fun with people you only meet for one day, and yet they look at you with awe. My costume was the real head turner, and I am proud to say that I roamed around the whole village (from cuenca-madrigal-dlsz-acacia-cuenca) wearing that fancy Prince get-up! :D I hope everyone enjoyed their Halloween parties. 'Til next year! HOHOHO!

No comments:

Post a Comment