Friday, November 12, 2010

Nikon Camera Lens Mug

BEHOLD...
It's my newest Camera Lens, the Nikon AF-S 24-70mm f/2.8 G ED! naaaaaaaat. How I wish. :))

That is actually a (real) Nikon lens' replica which you can use for DRINKING! Yes, it's a Camera Lens mug that looks just like the real thing. It's all over Facebook, where I personally knew of it. Good thing an Atenean graduate sells this stuff and does meet-ups inside the campus. Good product, perfect meeting place-- I couldn't say no to getting one for myself!

The mug is a(n almost) carbon copy of this lens:


We all know how much cash you gonna have to spend to buy the real SLR lens, and for amateurs like me who just amuses himself with taking photos, I don't really think buying a camera component as sophisticated as this would be practical and economic. So just to have some disillusionment that I "own" one of these lenses, I decided to buy a much cheaper, deceiving Camera Lens... MUG!

(photo not taken by me)

When I saw this photo on one of my contacts' profile, the kid in me suddenly spewed out. These really look like the real ones, except that you can put water in them, wash them, and throw them in the air without hesitation!!

Prices range from 1200-1700 Pesos per mug, and I've seen some sellers advertising the mugs at a much expensive price. Although it cost me more, I opted to buy the Nikon mug zoomable lens due to personal biases. There are un-zoomable ones, but just to have a bit of animation on my mug, I wanted the one which you can actually do what you do with a real lens-- zoom it!


Mug box

This is the un-zoomed state of the mug

and this is the zoomed one

 Bottom part

Top/Lid of mug


These are some details, on the mug, that resemble really closely the ones on the true lens. 

Another plus side of the mug is the inner steel layer. For a moment, I imagined it having a plastic inner layer. It's scratch-proof and can hold hot beverages.

The mug also comes with a very handy black Nikon mug pouch with a detachable strap.

It's an early Christmas gift for myself, and it just couldn't wait. I'm glad I bought one because it matches my camera perfectly! And although it's pricey, at least I get to experience an exciting disenchantment of having an expensive camera lens. :))

It's a perfect device to trick others that it's a real lens, and turn it into a perfect surprise once you sip your coffee or any drink from it. Just make sure you don't get fooled by your own scheme. You might wash or pour your morning coffee in your real SLR lens, instead of the SLR lens.... mug. :D

No comments:

Post a Comment