Friday, February 18, 2011

Lucky Day!

NOT. This has got to be one of my most unfortunate days ever.

I've been justifying since the moment I woke up that this day is a reminder from God that not everything goes the way I want it to be. Or maybe it's a calling that I've been blessed so much already that it needs to be counteracted by some unfortunate events. Baka masyado nang maraming magandang pangyayari saken. Give chance to others daw.

On a serious note, this day wasn't good to me. To start things off, I missed my first class (7:30am) where I had prepared for a long test. It was 2am when I slept last night, and add to that were two other consecutive all-nighters for other exams. Because I planned my "sleep" to just be a "nap," I set my alarm at 3:30am, and forgot to remind my yayas to wake me up at 5:30am just in case. Unfortunately (i think this will be the magic word for this post), I overslept and woke up at 7:40am. Did I cry? Of course not... :-"

I missed the long exam which I hoped would compensate for my missed quiz when I went to HK. But then again, it didn't go according to plan.

I also missed my "prayer session" for the second class, theology. I was assigned to lead the prayer today and "magis"-ly prepared for a music video and a poem. Maybe magis-ing isn't such a good idea if you do it every night. :|

And add to the injury (literally) was our supposedly fun and unwinding badminton session after all the frustrations I/we have gone through. And because we were in career mode while playing, we would literally do anything to win the game, thus empowered by the idiom "break a leg." AND I DID!

There was a premonition though. As I climb the stairs while drinking, I missed a step. There were some people who saw my clumsiness. Itinawa ko na lang habang tumakbo palayo. :))


I sprained my ankle, tore a ligament within that area. It happened when I ran for a drop shot (thanks to chuck tibayan) and had to make a sudden halt. Yes, I was able to get the drop shot (FTW!) but UNFORTUNATELY, my ankle twisted and it made the "CRRRRRCK" sound. First thought that came to my mind? "Asan yung paa ko?!" hahahaha. Out of fear, I refused looking at my foot, thinking the ankle is still twisted and it has not yet come back to its normal position, or that my detached foot is lying somewhere on the court. It was my first time to experience an injury (that does not involve bloodshed).

On a brighter note, it happened during our last set of the game, when the score was 19-15 in favor of us, and two minutes remain before our court reservation ends. And bang, it was a smashing end. I wanted an encore... KNOCK ON STURDY WOOD.

Maybe the best way to deal with it is to laugh at my whole lucky day instead of ranting and do tantrums over it. When the P.T. even asked me to walk four steps to make sure that it's not critical, I did my runway walk. B-) Now, I've broken my vow that I would allow any leg injury if and only if it was due to dancing. But at least, natupad ang pangarap ko... Makakagamit na rin ako sa wakas ng saklay!

No comments:

Post a Comment