Monday, September 6, 2010

Speling misshaps

And yes, that is intentional and I am very much aware of it. :P

Well, we Filipinos love having a daily dose of laughter, and wherever we go, we tweak anything that could make us laugh out of whatever we see. And luckily, humorous ads, billboards, and personal experiences are EVERYWHERE here in our country. There are sooooooo many photos circling around Facebook which are taken from our own country and are quite funny... ok. STUPID. Tag tag here and a tag tag there. Tag tag everywhere. It's mainly because we love infecting other people with whatever joy we experience. take this as an example of the photos in FB:



Filipinos speak English as often as they speak Tagalog/Filipino. Some even speak the former more often than they speak the latter; hence, the Taglish (Ateneans, you are guilty as charged for this crime). Some of us, especially those coming from the middle and upper classes and those who are educated (luckily), are grammar Nazis. They are people equipped with eloquence in english, and are hungry and in search for grammatical errors. There are moments that I thank God for creating these people who make such humorous mistakes and who unintentionally make many Filipinos happy. To Un-sugarcoat it, I am thankful that there are stupid people walking on this planet because they eradicate all the stress in me, and the pressure of being smart. =)) A*SHOLE statement. that's just me kidding aside, okay? But there are moments that it ain't funny anymore. Take this as another example:


Those underlines and circles were drawn by my blockmate, Monica Wong. And yes, she took THE English Merit course during her first year in college, and definitely a Grammar Nazi. That is the foundation of our friendship. (Mon, if ever you're reading this right now, please don't proofread it na. Enjoy mo na lang ha? :))) Going back to the picture, this is an actual news gotten from ABS-CBNNEWS.COM. abs-cbn news is one of the most watched/read news provider in our country, and to have these errors on their reports is such a shame. And look, instead of focusing on the weight of the news that they're trying to put across, some people (well, I) focus instead on the error made. They are humans too and they make mistakes, yes, but let's also take into consideration that they are professional writers and probably the best among all writers in the country.

But today, let's just focus on the brighter side of these mishaps and how they lighten up the mood of many people. As a person who always seeks out for such Spelling mishaps, I myself have taken photos of them that I see anywhere and everywhere.


Strike One.... and Two

One of my bestfriends is a lucky victim of this crime. His name is RAYMUND PAOLO B. ABAD. please take note of his name. :> My friend here is taking up Civil Engineering in one of the top universities in the Philippines, De La Salle University. And during his first year in DLSU, he applied for the scholar achiever thing that they have in their school. And this was the actual banner/ad that was made to promote the scholar achiever applicants:


I showed that picture to make sure that I get to brag his Weighted Average Grade... NOOOOT. well, in my opinion, my friend here has one of the best penmanships that I have ever seen in my life (so far). Given that he is an engineering student at a school that offers some of the best Engineering curricula in the country, he controls his penmanship quite perfectly. The dexterousness of his hands reflects his penmanship. THAT IS WHY I DON'T KNOW WHY IT SPELLS RAYMUNDO on the banner. He clearly wrote RAYMUND on his application form, but VOILA, it says RAYMUNDO on the banner. Well, i couldn't stop laughing when he showed this to me, but imagine being in his shoes. 

Buuuuut. This isn't the last pissing experience that he had in his school. I took a picture of his Membership card in the engineering organization that they have in DLSU. and look at THIS! \m/


=)))))))))))))))))))))) WOOT WOOT! Who names their son RAYOMUN? well, okay... I heard on the radio that an american couple named their daughter lady gaga. BUUUUT. ABAP. It is just sooooooo funny that when he showed this to me, his facial expression was priceless. =)) I can't blame his penmanship. Should I blame the school.....? ok, no more additional side comments. >:)

Anak, wag yan. Bad yan.

During vacations and some of my weekends, it has been a tradition in our family that we spend them in our rest house in Sta. Cruz, Laguna. Whenever I am there, one thing that I love doing is munching on random stuff I don't get to eat when here in Manila. So i check sari-sari stores there and buy all the junk food that I can hoard for myself. And this is one of the cardboards that one of the sari-sari stores has in front of their stall:


FIRST OF ALL, LOOK AT THE PRICE!!! AND SECOND OF ALL, IT'S BAD TO SELL AT THAT HIGH PRICE!!! (pun intended) yes, folks, your eyes fool you not. cotton BADS. I actually took this photo with my older phone n70 which I lost inside my room... 8-| but thanks to FRIENDSTER!!!!! I was able to find this photo of mine on my friendster profile. :)) see, friendster has its purpose STILL. =))

When I say jump you say how high! Chicken noodle soup, chicken noodle soup.

NSTP is the most fun subject. :) you know why? becaaaaaaaause I love tutoring kids! and on the plus side of it, i was able to find one of these spelling mishaps in our area. :D I know, i'm like a pirate searching for such priceless treasure everywhere I go. :> and this one I saw at a sari-sari store (another sari-sari store) in our Area.


Well first of all, the price of their goods is very cheap and affordable. applause applause! There's just one teeny little tiny itsy bitsy mistake there... noddles.... and..... JUMPONGwhat scares me in posting this photo is that.. The chinese community has been putting prejudices and acting discriminatingly towards us, and I don't want the Korean community to join forces with them. :\ but then again... 6 PESOS ONLY!!! :>:>:>

MAJOR MAJOR CAUTION

And to end my blog for today (yes, i still have an accounting long test to conquer), this photo is very interesting. Because you do not know what was going on inside the mind of whoever wrote it.

well, one rainy day while I just had finished my work out at gold's gym alabang, I went down the building (the gym 

is at the third floor) and waited for my driver on the roofed area of the building. There's only one staircase going up the gym. I 

was soooo tired that night because for one week, I had to postpone my work outs due to tons of long tests, 

midterm exams and papers, and my body had to adjust again to tiring physical activities. I have just been working 

out for 4 months. I'm still a newbie. Gold's gym trainors are really good. They make sure that........ hahaha. I'm 

just stalling time to build up the momentum and excitement before showing the picture. =)) WELL ANYWAY. 

since, the floor was really slippery due to the rain, there was this signboard on the floor:










Try to imagine someone, probably a janitor or a security guard, reading this message to warn you, with his panicking face on and from afar. Probably with matching whistle or a pointing finger towards you. CAUTION!!!!!! and the best part of it is the question mark at the end of WET FLOOR!!!!! ? Is he trying to ask us a very important question after the warning? Hmmmm...

Everytime I see this picture, I try to analyze what could probably be going on inside the mind of the management. I know the management ORDERED this because it says so..


Even management has its own exclamation point. ON BOTH SIDES! I could've slipped on the floor not because it's wet, but because this made me Roll On the Floor, Laughing. =)))))) This is a caution sign in a MAJOR MAJOR way. >:)))


Well, every story has its ending. and that's all for now, folks! I hope this made you laugh as well. I know deep inside, that one of these days, I will come across another great photo that will start another great story to be shared to my great readers. Ta-ta~ \m/

No comments:

Post a Comment