Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Intermission (from studying)

I noticed how many of my "friends" on Facebook love ranting online, purging emotional baggage and throwing them to their cyber bin, most of which are school-related. It's pretty much obvious for my college (and sometimes high school) friends to rant about the difficulty of studying, especially that most of them come from the better schools.

It seems to me now that Facebook is more than a social networking site for most of us. Our personal use of it has turned it into a luggage of frustrations, a cockfight-catfight arena, et cetera, et cetera... et cetera. :|

Kesyo napakaraming gagawin, napakahirap ng subjects na tinetake, papers, quizzes, midterms, exams... These are understatements, let alone the @$&#*($#( and the notorious usage of !!!!!!!! and evolution of emoticons for frustrations.

Do people satisfy themselves by clamoring about all these online?
Some might say, magtrabaho ka nalang kesa mag-inarte/magdabog/ngumawa ka diyan, but many people work better after they blab. It's their way of catharsis, something similar to what I ironically am doing right now.

Do they intend to inform people of how much stuff they have to do to brag?

Or is it their way of looking for sympathy from other people who might be in the same situation as theirs?

I know some people who go to class, rave about how they did nothing but watch TV at home and Facebook (as a verb), but have these piles of index cards with notes on them. Is it their way of exaggerating agony to justify their failure, or better yet, underscore their success?

Sometimes, the optimistic outlook in dealing with these problems and putting it in writing can be other people's inspiration.

I've been through this stage. I am FULLY guilty of such blabbering. But I'm gradually graduating from it. Not that it's bad, but habitual ranting can piss other people off.

It's not that I start to realize how intelligent or blessed with sagacity I am (although... hehe, a bit) because definitely, I'm not the brightest of the bright. Maybe it's more of realizing how blessed I am with the good attitude in dealing with troubles. What you think is colossal can be a mere insignificant task.

TINK PASITIB!! :> Ranting is good. Letting it out is helpful. But to be clouded with so many negativities can be suffocating.

No comments:

Post a Comment