Saturday, January 29, 2011

Starter Songs of 2011



Only three weeks has passed for 2011 and a lot of new songs have been playing on the radio. I've heard a handful new and in-demand songs on the radio a week ago in just a day or two. It's exacerbating my expectations for songs of 2011!





Props to Britney, she's been in and out of the limelight, yet when she does get in it, it's a walk in the park. If I am not mistaken, this song, during its release, shot up to first place on the billboard hot 100 without any MV for the song yet. People have been downloading it and requesting for it on radios. They love her this much, and even though I am not a big fan, I was unable to escape the catching power of the song.





I honestly missed Avril's distinct voice. I felt bad for her OST for Alice in Wonderland. I guess this song represents her personality, since she admitted that she's more of a girly girl than a rocker chick. But isn't it all too juvenile for her age? I (and my sister) have noticed that ever since her divorce, her songs have turned to being jolly and carefree. It's still Avril, and I would still love to listen to her songs, but I kinda miss her songs like I'm with you or Complicated especially when she plays it acoustic.





Rihanna, kaya ka nabubugbog ng syota mo eh... :)) This song isn't new, but it aired just this year on radios, although I've heard this on TV. A cable channel (not sure if Starworld, Lifestyle Channel or Velvet) uses this on its channel commercial. It's part of her 2010 album Loud. But you see its resemblance to Love the Way You Lie? hahaha. But honestly, it's the most catchy song among the three. I imagine hearing it play on fashion shows, or clubs and everyone's on their feet. \:D/ And I relate to her fetish... Chains and whips excite me. :>:> hahaha kidding.





This one I heard on Youtube, when one of my friends posted this on Twitter. It's an undone song plus it's a remix, BUT I CANNOT WAIT FOR THE RELEASE OF THE SONG! :| I've been missing Lady Gaga for the longest time, PLUS, I took for foreign languages class Deutsch. Ich verstehe nur ein bisschen Deutsch, aber meine Schwester spricht gut Deutsch (i hope i got that right.). It excites me more that I get to sing German lines from a song without having to sing a German song!!! Haha. And Scheiße simply means crap. :D

There are other songs this year such as Daydreamer (where in the middle of the song it becomes electronified. Totally ruins the song for me), and Nothing by The Script (my favorite so far) that easily catch listener's attention. I'm hoping for a good year for the music industry this 2011. \:D/ it's all hyped up now.

1 comment: