Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Literary Hiatus

I've been craving for some literary consumption for the past few days, but my schedule won't allow me. I seem to be having some sort of practical atheism, but inclined to the literary aspect. Suspending all the movies and books on my list because "more important" readings have to be accomplished for school purposes...

What if I shift to BA Literature? I get to do what I want and what I need at the same time.

But I "was" more of a walking Abacus than an Encyclopedia. That I finally found chemistry with literature is a mixture of accomplishment and frustration; it was only during college that I had enthusiasm for literary writings-- a late bloomer perhaps? It's the feeling of "you can't teach old dogs AMAZING new tricks" because I'm not too old, but I'm also not as young as when others had that hook on lit.

I'm torn between being a wealthy businessman and being a scholar. It's a clash between what I think I am good at, and what I think will feed my inner appetite.

What to do what to do what to do? Definitely, shifting is out of the question. I love my course, and I have to admit to myself that manipulating numbers is still my forte (or maybe I'm just having that "big fish in a small pond" kind of thing) over manipulating words.

I guess I'd have to be filthy richer sooner or later, and be successful with whatever I am good at.
Rationalization: I'll use my mathematical talent to give me the opportunity to feed my literary urge! :>

I'm still bano at lit. I guess I'd have to settle to just being a lit aficionado and stop daydreaming of becoming a literary scholar.

2 comments:

  1. KURT DON'T WORRY! Since you plan to go to law(in ateneo) you have to take at least 18 eng/lit units :) As of now you've taken 6 units :) So un, kung ako sayo, magenglit minor ka na!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow... 3:14am! :)) but chuuuuck, law's a totally different path. :\ mag llit na lang ulet ako kesa maglaw.. mejo half-hearted pa rin ako dun. :| magpapayaman na lang ako... :))

    ReplyDelete